These vibrant Bao Buns with Venison Steaks & Pickled Daikon are packed full of tender venison, crunchy pickled daikon and carrot and fresh, in-season herbs.
Bao Buns with Venison Steaks & Pickled Daikon Recipe
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Venison Steaks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp togarashi seasoning
- 12 steamed bao buns
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander sprigs
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
Pickled Daikon & Carrot
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely julienned
- 1⁄2 daikon, finely julienned
How to make this Bao Buns with Venison Steaks & Pickled Daikon Recipe:
1. To prepare pickled vegetables, combine rice vinegar, caster sugar, fish sauce and garlic in small saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; allow to cool. Place the julienned carrot and daikon into a non-metallic bowl. Add the cooled vinegar mixture, stir to combine; set aside.
2. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Venison Steaks from the fridge and leave to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Drizzle with the vegetable oil then sprinkle over the togarashi seasoning. Heat a barbecue hot plate or chargrill plate to medium-high. Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, until cooked to medium rare. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Drain the daikon and carrot. Fill the bao buns with the sliced steaks and pickled carrot and daikon. Top with chopped spring onion, coriander sprigs and sliced red chilli. Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds. Drizzle with sriracha sauce.