Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) arborio rice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) tomato passata
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup (40g) frozen peas
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges and crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C (fan-forced). Heat half the oil in a large deep ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Cook chicken and chorizo, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until onion is softened. Add rice, garlic, paprika and oregano and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add tomato passata and stock. Bring to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir chicken and chorizo into rice. Cover with lid. Transfer to oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven. Crack eggs over rice mixture. Cover with lid. Return to oven for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and eggs whites are set.
- Meanwhile, place peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Scatter peas and parsley over rice. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread.