120g baby spinach leaves
100g semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
70g Danish feta cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Wholegrain toasts, to serve
Baked Eggs – Method
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160°C.
- Lightly spray four 250ml capacity ovenproof ramekins with oil.
- Place spinach in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover it, then set aside for 10 seconds then drain. Once cool enough to handle squeeze out excess water.
- Combine the spinach, tomatoes, feta, basil and shallots in a medium bowl and divide the mixture evenly between the prepared ramekins, and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and crack an egg on top of each dish.
- Cover the ramekins with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Season with black pepper to taste and serve.