- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 6 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 rosemary sprig
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 4 snapper fillets, pin boned
- Basil leaves, to serve
- Caper berries, to serve
- 1 lemon, halved, to serve
Aqua Passa Method
- Heat the oil in a large, deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli and season with pepper, then cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, rosemary, lemon zest, white wine and 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened.
- Remove the rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to medium and then add the snapper in a single layer, skin side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes, spooning the liquid over the fish, until the fish turns opaque.
- Serve the fish with basil and capers. Squeeze over the juice from the halved lemon, sprinkle with pepper to serve.
This dish is perfect served with cooked spaghetti, rice or crusty bread to soak up the sauce.