For a quick and easy dish try this Aloo Phalia (Green Beans with Potato) Recipe. Full of flavour this recipe combines a mouthwatering collection of spices including cumin and turmeric.
Aloo Phalia (Green Beans with Potato) Recipe
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- Naan bread, to serve
How to make this Aloo Phalia (Green Beans with Potato) Recipe:
1. Cut the beans into slices and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, then add the mustard and cumin seeds. When they begin to pop, add the onion and chilli.
2. Fry for about 1 minute, then add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Add the beans and potatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Pour in 2⁄3 cup of water and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until the beans are tender and potatoes are cooked through. Transfer to bowls and serve with hot buttered naan.