This simple Aam Ki Launji (Raw Mango Chutney) Recipe is the perfect addition to any savoury afternoon tea or sharing platter.
Aam Ki Launji (Raw Mango Chutney) Recipe
Makes 2 cups
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups raw mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 11⁄2 cup cane sugar, crumbled (you can also use 11⁄2 cup dark brown sugar and 4 tsp molasses)
How to make this Aam Ki Launji (Raw Mango Chutney) Recipe:
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium- high heat. When hot, add the asafoetida powder, nigella seeds and fennel seeds and fry for a few seconds. Add the mango and mix well to combine. Add the salt and chilli powder and mix well again. Add 1 cup of water, cover and cook until the mango has softened. Add the cane sugar and cook until it melts. Cover and cook for another minute.
2. Allow to cool, then transfer to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.