Looking for a healthy sweet treat? Try the Beauty Chef’s Glow Blueberry Mousse Pots.
Carla Oates â€“ aka The Beauty Chef â€“ has recently reformulated her cult inner beauty product, Glow. STYLE caught up with her recently to find out all about the reformulation and also talk to Oates about her thoughts on the wellness world.
Oates also shared one of her go-to recipes with the team: her gut-nourishing, skin health-enhancing Glow Blueberry Mousse Pots.
Discover the recipe below and pick up an issue of the new winter issue of STYLE, on now, to read our interview with Oates.Â
The Beauty Chef’s Glow Blueberry Mousse Pots
1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
2 tsp grass-fed gelatin
1 cup (140 g) raw macadamias, soaked in cold water for 4 hours and drained
1 cup (250 ml) coconut cream
1 cup (120 g) fresh or frozen & thawed blueberries
1 Tbsp GLOW Inner Beauty Essential
1 cup (250 g) unsweetened coconut yoghurt, plus extra to serve
Edible flowers & toasted coconut to serve
Â½ cup (60 g) blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp pure maple syrup
- Pour the water into a small heatproof bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface in an even layer. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
- To prepare the blueberry compote, simmer the lime juice, maple syrup and Â½ cup of blueberries in a small saucepan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, or until berries have softened and the liquid has reduced to a syrup. Mash blueberries using the back of a fork to coarsely puree. Transfer into a small bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Place the bowl of softened gelatin over a small saucepan of almost-simmering water, until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the macadamias and half of the coconut cream into a high-speed blender and blend on low until finely pureed. Add the remaining coconut cream and blend on medium-low, until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add the remaining blueberries, GLOW powder and melted gelatin and blend to combine. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl. Add the coconut yoghurt and gently fold through.
- Pour into four 1Â½ cup (375 ml) capacity serving bowls or ramekins and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Top with additional coconut yoghurt, blueberry compote. Add edible flowers and toasted coconut
if desired. Enjoy!
Discover Carla’s skincare secrets right here.Â