According to the Australian Grains & Legumes Nutrition Council, most men do not receive nearly two-thirds of their daily recommended intake of whole grain foods.
5 Essential Nutrients in Grains
- Protein for muscle building and strength. Whole wheat and oats are 11 per cent protein, a great addition to other protein sources.
- Zinc for maintaining muscles.
- Magnesium for effective muscles repair and to release the energy from foods.
- B Vitamins to improve energy, help fight fatigue and maintain a healthy mind in terms of concentration, learning, memory and reasoning.
- Fibre for good gut health
Top 3 Benefits of Whole Grains
- Nutrient Powerhouse – whole grains contain more than 26 nutrients and phytonutrients, which help nourish the body and promote wellbeing.
- Low GI benefit – eating a variety of whole grains lowers the overall glycaemic index of your diet, which helps to keep you fuller for longer.
- Fibre Boost – grain foods are Australia’s leading source of fibre, which is proven to be effecting in preventing excess weight gain.