On October 11, Paul McCartney will release his first album of new solo work in six years. New was recorded in New York and L.A and produced by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters, including Mark Ronson, Ethan Johns, Giles Martin and Paul Epworth (Adele, John Legend, Florence & the Machine). The album artwork is pretty psychedelic too.
McCartney performed three tracks from New at the recent iHeartRadio Music Festival, including the title track.
“It’s funny, when I play people the album they’re surprised it’s me,” says the 71-year-old former Beatles singer. “A lot of the tracks are quite varied and not necessarily in a style you’d recognise as mine. I didn’t want it to all sound the same. I really enjoyed making this album. It’s always great to get a chance to get into the studio with a bunch of new songs and I was lucky to work with some very cool producers. We had a lot of fun.”
See the “NEW” tracklist below as well as an impromptu acoustic performance by McCartney.
1. Save Us (produced by Paul Epworth)
2. Alligator (produced by Mark Ronson)
3. On My Way to Work (produced by Giles Martin)
4. Queenie Eye (produced by Paul Epworth)
5. Early Days (produced by Ethan Johns)
6. New (produced by Mark Ronson)
7. Appreciate (produced by Giles Martin)
8. Everybody Out There (produced by Giles Martin)
9. Hosanna (produced by Ethan Johns)
10. I Can Bet (produced by Giles Martin)
11. Looking At Her (produced by Giles Martin)
12. Road (produced by Giles Martin)