Califia Farms Ambassador Sam Harris shares her tip tips for nourishing the body inside and out while leading a busy lifestyle.
- Preparation is the key. Spend time on the weekend meal prepping for the week ahead. Harris recommends having ten go-to meals that are easy to prepare, freeze and warm-up for when you get home in the evening.
- Always include a protein in your prepared meals. It keeps you fuller for longer and prevents sugar cravings. To accompany the protein, add a bunch of steamed vegetables and occasionally rice or pasta.
- When you’re really busy and too time poor to head to the shops, keep some pre-made protein balls in your handbag. They’re easy to make and store, nutritional, and most importantly taste delicious! Harris suggests making some with dates, shredded coconut, nuts, cacao, bound together with Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and coconut oil.
- Keep a large bottle of water in your bag no matter what. Aim to drink 3L of water a day to stay hydrated at all times. It’s good for your skin and helps you get through the day.
- If lunch is being served on a job, avoid processed carbohydrates as much as possible. Over-indexing on flour based products can make you bloated, and actually makes you hungrier! Instead, opt for lean proteins.
- Whether you’re out-and-about on a job or at home, small, regular snacks in between meals help keep energy levels high and your mood positive and happy.