But an affordable meal at establishments that tick these boxes is hard to find these days – especially in the heart of Sydney city.
That’s not the case within the Queen Victoria Building, however. There you’ll find two restaurants serving up fantastic daily deals that are perfect for your power lunches or an enjoyable yet economical dinner.
ESQ and Reign have recently launched QVB Daily specials, where you can enjoy a delicious main meal for just $25.
The dish on special changes depending on the day of the week, with the menu varying between the two restaurants.
Both venues provide a different experience through their distinct aesthetics and culinary offerings.
Reign, a light-filled champagne parlour, is the ideal spot for lunch with the ladies or to enjoy views of the CBD.
ESQ offers a cosier ambiance, with its vintage styling and speakeasy-inspired menu harking back to the prohibition era.
The specials are available for either lunch or dinner. See the daily offerings from each eatery below:
- Wednesday – Pork belly with blood pudding, red cabbage puree and granny smith apple
- Thursday – Barramundi with King Edward potato, cabbage and mixed grains
- Friday – Angus flank with peppercorn sauce and fries
- Saturday – House-made gnocchi with basil pesto and classic tomato sauce
- Wednesday – House-made gnocchi with butternut pumpkin puree and sage
- Thursday – Beef bourguignon with mash potato
- Friday – Barramundi fillet with fennel salad and champagne sauce
- Saturday – Strozzapreti with smoked salmon, crème fraiche and lemon