This Zucchini & Haloumi Quesadillas with Fresh Corn Salsa dish is a quick and easy midweek winner for lunch or dinner, that the whole family will love.
Zucchini & Haloumi Quesadillas with Fresh Corn Salsa: Ingredients
- 8 large (20cm diameter) flour tortillas
- 200g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 2 zucchinis, coarsely grated
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
How to make our Zucchini & Haloumi Quesadillas with Fresh Corn Salsa:
1. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Place a tortilla on a clean work surface. Top with a little haloumi, zucchini and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
2. Place in frying pan and fold in half to enclose filling. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining tortillas, haloumi and zucchini.
3. Meanwhile, cook corn in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
4. Use a small knife to remove corn kernels from cobs. Place in a bowl with tomato, basil, oil and vinegar. Toss to combine.
5. Cut quesadillas into wedges. Top with salsa and serve immediately.