This dish is a great way to ensure you are getting your daily vegetable intake. It’s tasty too!
Winter Vegetable & Sourdough Nut Crumble Recipe: Ingredients
Serves 4 as a meal or 6 as a side
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 red onions, sliced into wedges
- 2 bunches purple and orange baby carrots, trimmed, washed
- 400g baby parsnips, trimmed, halved or quartered
- 400g baby kumara, unpeeled, cut into 3cm to 4cm pieces
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable stock
- 300g brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup pure cream
Sourdough Nut Crumble Recipe
- 100g sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 100g grated gruyère cheese
- 50g butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C (fan-forced). Whisk olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and tarragon in a jug. Place onion, carrots, parsnip and kumara in a large non-stick roasting pan. Pour over olive oil mixture and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover tightly with foil. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and toss gently. Cook for a further 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Add brussels sprouts and cream. Toss to combine. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, to make sourdough nut crumble, combine torn bread, pecans, pine nuts and cheese in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in melted butter.
4. Reduce oven to 180˚C (fan-forced). Transfer vegetables and sauce to a 12-cup enamel or ovenproof baking dish. Top with crumble. Cook for a further 15 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp.