Warm Broccolini & Steak Salad with Almond Satay Sauce. Kick your standard salad up a notch with this Warm Broccolini & Steak Salad with delicious Almond Satay Sauce.
Warm Broccolini & Steak Salad with Almond Satay Sauce
1 pack Silver Fern Farms Grass-Fed Beef Flat-Iron Steaks
1 broccolini, trimmed
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1 shallot, thinly sliced into rounds
1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
1 green chilli, thinly sliced
Kecap manis, to serve
Micro lemon balm or mint, to serve
1⁄4 cup toasted almonds, chopped, to serve
Almond Satay Sauce
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 long red chilli, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1⁄4 cup almond butter
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp kecap manis
1⁄3 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lime juice
- To make the almond satay sauce, place oil, chilli, garlic, almond butter, cumin, fish sauce and kecap manis in a small food processor; process until smooth. Place in a saucepan with the coconut milk and water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Take off the heat, add lime juice, season. Set aside to cool.
- Take the Silver Fern Farms Beef Flat-Iron Steaks out of the packaging and set aside for 10 minutes to bloom, before cooking.
- Cook the broccolini in salted boiling water for 3 minutes, or until just tender. Place in a bowl with cabbage, shallot, bean sprouts and chilli and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 4-5 minutes each side for medium. Then take off heat and set aside, loosely covered, to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, slice the steak, add to the salad and toss gently to combine. Divide the salad between plates, drizzle with kecap manis, top with herbs and serve with the almond satay sauce and almonds.
Meat is an excellent source of protein, which is essential for helping to build and repair muscle as well as help maintain healthy hair, bones, skin and blood.
Try some of our other delicious steak recipes: