Venison Steaks & Sauerkraut Crushed Potato Hash with Seeded Mustard Yoghurt. These naturally lean Venison Steaks add a delicate yet distinct flavour to any meal. Enjoy them with this Sauerkraut Crushed Potato Hash with Seeded Mustard Yoghurt for a delicious week night dish.
Venison Steaks & Sauerkraut Crushed Potato Hash with Seeded Mustard Yoghurt
1 packet Silver Fern Farms Venison Steaks
400g baby (chat) potatoes
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1 cup store-bought sauerkraut
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 small sprig fresh bay leaves
½ cup Greek-style yoghurt
2 tbsp seeded mustard
Red vein sorrel leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced). Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the boil, cook for 12 minutes. Drain; place in a deep-sided roasting tray. Using a fork, lightly crush. Add half the oil, the sauerkraut, garlic and bay leaves and toss to combine. Place in the oven, cook for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, take the Silver Fern Farms Venison Steaks out of their packaging and then set aside for 10 minutes to bloom before cooking.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan, cook steaks for 6 minutes, turning. Set aside, loosely covered with foil, to rest for 5 minutes.
- Mix the yoghurt and mustard together, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the steaks with potatoes, mustard yoghurt and red vein sorrel.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.
Try some of our other delicious venison recipes: