4 Silver Fern Farms Venison and Lamb with Kelp Sea Salt Burgers
Olive oil, for brushing
4 slices haloumi
4 burger buns, split in half and toasted
Mixed salad leaves or rocket leaves
Zest and juice of 1 orange
½ cup sugar
1 tsp finely julienned fresh ginger
2 cups frozen cranberries
Pickled Red Onion
1 red onion, finely sliced
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Remove Silver Fern Farms Venison and Lamb with Kelp Sea Salt Burgers from the fridge and allow to bloom for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- To prepare the cranberry relish, place the orange zest and juice, sugar, ginger and ¼ cup water into a small saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries to the saucepan, increase heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until the sauce is thick. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To prepare the pickled red onion, combine the onion, lemon juice, caster sugar and dill in a small bowl. Season with plenty of sea salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue on high. Brush the burgers with a little olive oil then cook for 31/2 minutes each side, or until cooked through (cook for 4 minutes each side if cooking on the stovetop).
- Brush haloumi with olive oil, then barbecue on a flatplate or pan-fry for 3-4 minutes until it is golden on both sides.
- To serve, place a burger onto each toasted bun base. Top with haloumi, some pickled red onion and some cranberry relish. Top with mixed salad leaves or rocket. Spread a little aioli on the underside of the bun top and place on top of the burger.