For the ultimate winter warmer try this Vegan Coconut, Kūmara & Chickpea Curry with Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe.
Vegan Coconut, Kūmara & Chickpea Curry with Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 6 cardamon pods
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 3 small red kūmara, halved
- 1 bunch snake beans, bunch halved
- Purple micro shiso leaves, to serve
How to make our Vegan Coconut, Kūmara & Chickpea Curry with Dry-Fried Green Beans Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Add 1 sprig of curry leaves and the spices and cook for a further minute, or until fragrant. Add the stock, coconut milk and chickpeas, then bring to the boil.
2. Carefully transfer to a large roasting dish. Top with the kūmara, cut side up, and cover the dish with foil. Cook for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 20 minutes, or until the kūmara are tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add beans and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly charred. Remove the beans from the pan. Add the remaining oil and the remaining sprigs of curry leaves and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp.
4. Serve the curry topped with crisp curry leaves, beans and micro shiso.