Vegan Chocolate & Coconut Biscuits. These simple vegan biscuits are sure to become a family favourite.
Vegan Chocolate & Coconut Biscuits
250g plain dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), broken into small pieces
125g coconut oil
300g self-rising flour
1/3 cup Dutch cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
175g soft light brown sugar
75g desiccated coconut
¾ cup aquafaba (liquid from organic canned chickpeas)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.
- Place half the chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water), and stir until chocolate melts. Mix in coconut oil.
- Sift flour and cocoa/cacao onto a sheet of baking paper. In a large bowl, combine sugar and coconut. Add flour mixture, then stir in melted chocolate mixture until well combined.
- Using electric beaters, whisk aquafaba with for 1-2 minutes. Fold into biscuit mixture until well combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared trays, leaving space between each for spreading.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until biscuits have spread and tops have cracked. Set aside for 10 minutes before transferring biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, spread coconut on a baking tray and toast in the over for 3-5 minutes. Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl over simmering water, as before. Drizzle biscuits with a little melted chocolate, sprinkle with toasted coconut. Leave to set, then serve.