1 tsp dry yeast
½ tsp caster sugar
¾ cup lukewarm water
1½ cups plain flour
1 tsp sea salt flakes
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
400g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
100g silverbeet, finely chopped
Lemon wedges, to serve
For the cashew cheese
½ cup cashews, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp corn flour
100g grated vegan mozzarella
- Place the yeast, sugar and water in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes. Place the flour and salt in the bowl. Add the yeast mixture and mix to combine. Turn out and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth. Place in a large bowl, cover with a clean damp tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- To make the cashew cheese, place the cashews, yeast flakes, vinegar, maple and corn flour in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Add the mozzarella and mix to combine.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Add the paprika and chilli and season.
- Turn the dough out, and divide into 4 pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 20cm x 30cm rectangle.
- Divide the cheese mixture, mushrooms, silverbeet on one side of each rectangle, leaving a 2cm border. Fold to enclose and fold the border to seal. Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over high heat.
- Brush each with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until they are charred and golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges.