Add some heat to your next dish with these Tofu Steaks topped with Charred Jalapeño & Smoky Paprika Dressing.
Tofu Steaks with Charred Jalapeño & Smoky Paprika Dressing: Ingredients
- 4 fresh jalapeño chillies, halved
- 2 limes, halved
- 750g firm tofu
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
Smoky Paprika Dressing Recipe
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
How to make our Tofu Steaks with Charred Jalapeño & Smoky Paprika Dressing Recipe
1. Heat a large chargrill pan over high heat. Cook the jalapeño chillies for 2 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally during cooking. Remove from the heat. Add the lime halves to the pan, cut side down, and cook for 1 minute or until charred. Remove from the heat.
2. Meanwhile, to make the dressing, add the smoked paprika, coriander, cumin, chilli, garlic, oil and red wine vinegar to a small bowl and whisk together. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Set aside for later.
3. Slice the tofu into 12 steaks, each measuring approximately 5cm wide and 1cm thick.
4. Brush the tofu steaks with the oil, then cook on the chargrill pan over high heat for 2 minutes each side, or until charred.
5. In a large bowl, toss the red onion slices, coriander, mint and jalapeño chillies together. Divide the tofu and salad between plates.
6. Serve the tofu steaks and salad drizzled with dressing, with the grilled lime halves on the side. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.