1 Pack Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Lamb
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cilantro
¼ cup olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
1 long green chili, sliced
1 lbs cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 x 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
Natural yogurt, to serve
Cilantro leaves, to serve
Mint leaves, to serve
How to make Tex-Mex Lamb Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- Place Silver Fern Farms Premium Ground Lamb, breadcrumbs, egg, half the garlic, paprika, and dried cilantro in a bowl; season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Add meatballs and cook in batches for 3-4 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil to pan, add onion, and cook for 4 minutes. Add remaining garlic and half the chili and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, and black beans; bring to the boil.
- Return meatballs to pan, cover, transfer to oven, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with yogurt and remaining chili and sprinkle with cilantro and mint leaves.