5 ProPoints values per serve | Serves: 10 | Prep: 15 mins | Cooking time: 35 mins |
½ cup (110g) caster sugar
100g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
1 tsp vanilla extract
11⁄3 cups (200g) self-raising flour
150g tub Nestle Diet Vanilla Yoghurt
¼ cup (60ml) low-fat milk
2 tsp icing sugar, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray a 20cm round cake tin with oil. Line base and side with baking paper. Cut half the strawberries into quarters. Place half the quartered strawberries in a bowl with 2 teaspoons sugar. Using a fork, lightly crush strawberry mixture and set aside.
2. Using electric beaters, beat spread, vanilla and remaining sugar in a medium bowl for 3–4 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour, yoghurt and milk, alternately, until combined. Stir in remaining quartered strawberries. Add crushed strawberry mixture and swirl through cake mixture (do not overmix).
3. Spoon cake mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 35–40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand cake in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
4. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange on top of cake. Serve dusted with icing sugar.
TIP: This cake will store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Three tips for a sweet treat:
1. Seasonal fruit is the best everyday dessert as it is nutritious and has 0 ProPoints values.
2. Allow 30 minutes between your meal and dessert – you may find you don’t actually need it.
3. To make dessert last longer, try eating it with a teaspoon!