These tender T-Bone Steaks and Smashed Potatoes are perfectly accompanied by our flavourful Coffee and Chilli Rub.
T-Bone Steaks with Coffee and Chilli Rub and Smashed Potatoes Recipe: Ingredients
- 800g medium-sized waxy potatoes, washed
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp garlic granules
- 4 T-bone steaks, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp sun flower oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Drain. Use bottom of a pan to press down on potatoes until they pop open. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, to make co ee and chilli rub, use a mortar and pestle to grind salt, peppercorns, sugar and chilli. Mix through co ee and garlic. Preheat barbecue grill plate to high. Massage spice rub into steaks, then set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
3. Lightly brush steaks with some of the sun ower oil, then place on grill plate. With lid down, grill steaks for 5-6 minutes each
side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to
a plate and cover with foil, then set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
4. Meanwhile, mix rosemary with olive oil in a small bowl, then brush over potatoes. Grill, turning occasionally, on sides of grill plate for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, then serve with T-bone steaks.