Spring Rolls with Almond Satay Sauce Recipe. Boost your diet with these spring rolls, packed with nutritious nuts and served with a wholesome and tasty satay sauce.
Spring Rolls with Almond Satay Sauce Recipe: Ingredients
Serves 4 as a starter
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- handful mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp tamari
- 20 round rice paper wrappers (21cm across)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- lime wedges, to serve
Almond Satay Sauce Recipe
- 200ml coconut milk
- 5 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- pinch cayenne pepper
How to make our Spring Rolls with Almond Satay Sauce Recipe
1. To make satay sauce combine all the ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth. Add warm water as needed to thin sauce to a pourable consistency. Check flavour. Add extra tamari, lime juice or sugar if required.
2. Combine grated vegetables, sprouts and herbs in a bowl. Add lime juice and tamari, toss to combine.
3. Fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the hot water to soften, then lay it on a wet tea towel.
4. Place a tablespoon of the filling near the front edge of the wrapper. Top with a slice of avocado and roll up tightly while tucking in
the sides. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
5. Arrange rolls on a plate. Serve with almond satay sauce and lime wedges.