Rice Paper Rolls with Quinoa and Pistachio. With Spring around the corner, it’s time to make the most out of the warmer weather and longer evenings with alfresco dining and this delicious and healthy recipe.
See related: 13 Healthy Dinner Recipes For The Week
Rice Paper Rolls with Quinoa and Pistachio Recipe: Ingredients
- ½ cup tricolour grain quinoa
- 1½ cups water
- 2 green shallots, finely sliced
- ⅓ cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 100g green beans, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 12 rice paper sheets (22cm)
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 50g snow pea sprouts or snow pea tendrils
Chilli Ginger Dipping Sauce: Ingredients
- 3 tbsp chilli jam
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2½ tbsp fish sauce
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp finely fresh grated ginger
Rice Paper Rolls with Quinoa and Pistachio Recipe: Method
- To make the dipping sauce, combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Bring quinoa and water to the boil in a small saucepan. Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Add shallots, pistachios, chillies and beans.
- Slice asparagus into halves or quarters lengthways, depending on thickness.
- Slice in half widthways. Place in a heatproof dish. Pour over boiling water. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Dip one sheet of rice paper into water. Place on a clean tea towel. Top with avocado, herbs, asparagus and sprouts. Spoon over 2 tablespoons quinoa mixture. Fold in one end of rice paper over the filling. This will be the bottom of the roll. Then firmly roll up from one side, leaving the top of the roll open.
- Repeat with remaining sheets. Serve with dipping sauce.
Check out this awesome Poached Turkey Salad with Sesame Dressing Recipe.