Spicy Lamb Mince Tagine. Named after the heavy clay pot it’s cooked in, tagine is a traditional North African dish that can be made with a variety of ingredients.
Spicy Lamb Mince Tagine: Ingredients
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
How to make our Spicy Lamb Mince Tagine:
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and capsicum. Cook for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle cumin, coriander, paprika and cinnamon over mixture. Stir until well combined. Cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
2. Add mince and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned. Add tomatoes and lemon juice. Cook until mince is well browned. Add spinach and 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until spinach leaves are just wilted.
3. Spoon mixture into individual tagines. Break an egg into the centre of each tagine. Cover and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until eggwhite is just cooked. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve.