Spanish Potato & Blue Cheese Tortilla with Buttery Mushrooms Recipe: Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 300g Agria or Vivaldi potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100g soft blue cheese, crumbled
- 20g unsalted butter, chopped
- 300g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 50g red vein sorrel leaves, to serve
How to make Spanish Potato & Blue Cheese Tortilla with Buttery Mushrooms
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a 20cm non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, add the potato and onion. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potato is tender. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the eggs and blue cheese to the bowl, season well with salt and pepper, and carefully mix to combine. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
3. Preheat grill. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat, add the egg/potato mixture. Stir for 1 minute, until the eggs just begin to set.
4. Ensure potato slices are layered evenly in the pan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until just set.
5. Place under the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add butter and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove tortilla from pan and place onto a serving plate. Top with mushrooms, red vein sorrel, salt and pepper. Cut into wedges to serve.
We used chestnut and king mushrooms, but you can use your favourites. You can also use any cheese in this tortilla. Swap the blue cheese for 100g grated cheddar or parmesan if you prefer.