Paprika, a rich spice made from sweet peppers, adds a distinct flavour and colour to any dish. The quintessential Spanish spice it complements the flavour of capsicum and chorizo in this hearty, easy Spanish Eggs Recipe.
Spanish Eggs Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 chorizos, skin removed, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoky paprika
- 800g chopped italian tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped, to serve
How to make Spanish Eggs
1 Preheat oven to 180C. Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add chorizo and cook until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining oil, onion, garlic and capsicums to pan.
2 Cook for 4 minutes. Add cumin, coriander and paprika. Stir and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Return chorizo to pan with tomato and bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3 Spoon mixture into 4 1-cup ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are just set. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.