Prep time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup coriander, leaves picked
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded (leftover roast chicken is ideal, or you can poach chicken in water until cooked through)
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet (270g) soba noodles (100% buckwheat noodles)
- 1 litre good quality chicken stock (preferably homemade), reduced salt
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the eggs. Cook for 6 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel and cut into quarters.
- Bring the same saucepan of water to the boil again and add the soba noodles. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure they don’t clump together. Drain in a colander and run cold water through the noodles to remove excess starch and stop them cooking further and sticking together.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Steam or microwave the carrot for 3 minutes until tender.
- Portion the noodles, carrot and shredded chicken into 4 bowls.
- Pour over the hot stock and then top with kaffir lime leaves, coriander, tomato, hard boiled eggs and green onion. Serve immediately.