- 4 small eggplants (around 200g each)
- 200g flat beans, trimmed
- 1kg broad beans, podded
- 1 cup each mint and curly parsley, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 100g baby green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 vegan Turkish breads, charred
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted mixed sesame seeds
- Preheat chargrill or barbecue over high heat. Add the eggplant and cook, turning for 15 minutes, or until charred and very soft. Place in a bowl loosely covered; cool for 5 minutes. Peel the charred skin away, discard carefully and set aside.
- Cook the flat beans on the grill and cook, turning for 2-3 minutes each side, or until charred and tender. Set aside.
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, refresh and remove the outer skin. Place in a bowl, add mint, parsley and onions.
- Thinly slice the beans and add to the salad. Add lemon juice and oil, season and toss to combine.
- Place the breads on the chargrill and cook for 1 minute each side, or until lightly charred.
- Place an eggplant on top of each Turkish bread and lightly mash with a fork. Top with beans, salad, drizzle with sesame oil and sesame seeds to serve.