This Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Tostadas with Pickled Red Onions Recipe is a tasty and delicious take on your classic tostada recipe.
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Tostadas with Pickled Red Onions Recipe
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Brisket
- 1 pack Silver Fern Farms Beef Brisket Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g can chipotle sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 400g can black beans, drained and rinsed
Pickled Red Onions
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1 large red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 12 tostadas
- 125g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Coriander and lime wedges, to serve
How to make this Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Tostadas with Pickled Red Onions Recipe
1. Rub the Silver Fern Farms Beef Brisket with the olive oil and sprinkle Silver Fern Farms Beef Brisket Spice Mix over both sides.
2. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and sear the brisket on all sides, until it is golden brown.
3. Place in a slow cooker or in an oven dish lined with several layers of foil. Ensure the foil pieces are long enough to fold over and seal the brisket and liquid tightly.
4. Combine the chipotle sauce and beef stock and add to the slow cooker or foil parcel. Add the black beans, cover with a lid or fold over the foil to seal tightly. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 7 to 8 hours or in an oven at 140°C for 5 to 6 hours, until the brisket is very tender and pulls apart. Turn halfway through cooking.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the pickled red onion. Place the cider vinegar in a small jug. Add the caster sugar and salt and whisk until sugar dissolves. Place the red onion in a non-metallic bowl. Pour liquid over, cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until required.
6. Mash the avocados and combine with the lime juice and chilli flakes. Season to taste. Shred the brisket with two forks. Top tostadas with brisket, drained pickled red onion, mashed avocado, tomatoes and coriander. Serve with lime and chilli flakes.