The perfect dish to add some crunch to your next Asian banquet. The honey adds a delicious sweetness, the chillies add some heat and the delicious mix of spices make this an unbeatable side.
Sichuan Pepper & Five Spice Nut Mix Recipe
Makes 3 cups
- 1⁄2 tsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- 1⁄2 cup store-bought crispy fried noodles
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 whole dried chillies
How to make this Sichuan Pepper & Five Spice Nut Mix Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Place the peppercorns in a food processor and then process until crushed. Transfer to a large bowl with the nuts, sesame seeds, Chinese five spice, cumin, coriander, honey, sesame oil and salt. Toss to coat.
2. Place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Add the noodles, cranberries and chillies, toss to combine, and then cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Allow to cool and serve.
TIP: Store an airtight container for up to a month.