There’s nothing more comforting on a cool day than a warming curry, this Seared Venison with Spicy Coconut, Turmeric & Ginger Curry Recipe is no exception.
Seared Venison with Spicy Coconut, Turmeric & Ginger Curry Recipe: Ingredients
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet Silver Fern Farms venison medallions
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2½ cups coconut water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 bunch snake beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 bunch cavalo nero, chopped and blanched
- toasted shredded coconut, to serve
- purple basil leaves, to serve
- chilli oil, to serve
Curry Paste Recipe
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 coriander roots, washed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6cm-piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6cm-piece fresh turmeric, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsps shredded coconut
How to make this Seared Venison with Spicy Coconut, Turmeric & Ginger Curry Recipe
1. To make the curry paste, place the chilli, shallot, coriander root, garlic, ginger, turmeric, chopped tomato, ground coriander and coconut in a small food processor and process until very smooth. Set aside for later.
2. Remove the Silver Fern Farms Venison Medallions from the packaging and set aside for 10 minutes to bloom before cooking.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large, deep sided frying pan over medium heat.
4. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, coconut water, fish sauce and cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10–12 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add the cavalo nero, and toss to wilt.
5. While the curry is cooking, heat the remaining in a frying pan over high heat. Season the venison with salt and cook, turning for 4 minutes or until browned on all sides and just cooked through. Set aside and cover loosely with foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Divide the curry between serving bowls. Slice each venison medallion into three and place on top of the curry with snake beans. Top with purple basil and chilli oil, sprinkle with toasted coconut to serve.