¼ cup store-bought taramasalata
¼ cup lemon juice
1 small cucumber, finely chopped
12 large green king prawns
6 baby squid tubes, cleaned and halved lengthwise
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
12 scallops, on the half shell
Micro mint, to serve
Green salad and lemon wedges, to serve
For the hibiscus salt
1 dried hibiscus flower
1 tsp Aleppo pepper flakes
½ tsp caster sugar
1 tbsp salt flakes
For the ancho chilli romesco
2 dried ancho chillies, torn
125g marinated semi sun-dried tomatoes
plus ¼ cup of marinating oil
1 clove garlic
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- To make the hibiscus salt, place the hibiscus, pepper and sugar in a small spice grinder (or mortar and pestle) and grind until fine. Place in a small bowl, add the salt and mix to combine. Set aside.
- To make the ancho chilli romesco, soak the chillies in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain. Place in a blender with tomatoes, oil, garlic, paprika and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- To make the dressing, whisk the taramasalata dip and lemon juice together. Season, place in a small bowl and top with cucumber.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over high heat. Thread the prawns onto 12 large metal skewers. Thread 2 pieces of squid onto 6 skewers. Brush the seafood with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook the scallops, shell-side down, for 4 minutes. Add the prawns and squid and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until charred and just cooked through.
- Serve the prawns, sprinkled with hibiscus salt, the skewers with romesco and scallops with mint and taramasalata dressing. Serve with mussels, salad greens and lemon wedges.