San Choy Bow with Pickled Vegetables. This delicious San Choy Bow with Pickled Vegetables is the perfect Asian dish.
San Choy Bow with Pickled Vegetables Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2cm-piece ginger
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 small daikon
- 1 cucumber
- Peanut oil
- 25g dried cellophane or rice vermicelli noodles, slightly broken
- 1kg Basic Asian Mince
- 227g water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 baby cos hearts or 1 iceberg lettuce
- Hoisin sauce
How to make our San Choy Bow with Pickled Vegetables Recipe
1. Heat vinegar, sugar, thinly sliced ginger and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature. Julienne carrot and daikon with thinly sliced cucumber in a glass or ceramic bowl. Pour over vinegar mixture, toss well to coat and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour to allow flavours to develop.
2. Add enough oil to a frying pan to come 1cm upside of pan. Heat over medium heat until it reaches 180 ̊C or begins to smoke slightly. Quickly drop noodle in oil in small batches (noodle will puff up instantly if the oil is hot enough). Drain on paper towel. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of oil from pan.
3. Increase heat to medium-high, cook mince for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up clumps with a wok charn or wooden spoon. Add drained and finely chopped chestnut. Combine soy, oyster sauce, cornflour and 1⁄3 cup water, mixing well. Add to mince mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until coated.
4. Serve mince in lettuce cups, top with drained pickled vegetables and crunchy fried noodles. Garnish with coriander. Serve with hoisin sauce.