Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies Ingredients
- Melted butter, to grease
- 120g dark chocolate, chopped
- 120g butter
- 1 ½ cups (400g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) plain flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 X (200g) packet of Arnott’s original Tim Tam, chopped
- ½ cup almonds, chopped
- ½ tsp sea-salt flakes
Salted Almond Tim Tam Brownies Method
1. Preheat oven to 180ᵒC/160°C fan forced. grease a 20 x 20cm square cake tin. Line with baking paper.
2. Put chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture; add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
4. Combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture.
5. Stir until just combined. Stir through Tim Tam. Pour batter into prepared tin. Spreading evenly, sprinkle with almonds and sea salt flakes.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into pieces and serve.