- 1kg small sweet potato, halved
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups mixed bitter leaves (such as rocket, radicchio, mizuna)
- 1 tsp Asian chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
For the pineapple dressing:
- 2 tbsp vino cotto
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 200g peeled ripe pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Place the sweet potato on a large, lightly greased baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper; roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden. Set aside.
- For dressing, place vino cotto, vinegar, soy, honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and take off the heat.
- Add the pineapple, shallot and season with salt and set aside to cool.
- To serve, arrange the sweet potato and leaves on a large platter. Top with the dressing and the chilli.
Make the dressing ahead and store in a jar refrigerated for up to 3 days. For a cheat’s version, use canned chopped pineapple, whisked into the dressing.
If you can’t find small sweet potato, use large ones cut into wedges.