Tuna Nicoise. For a light, protein packed lunch option you can’t look past this classic Tuna Nicoise salad.
2 egg yolks
2 tsp horseradish cream
2 anchovy fillets
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tsp lemon juice
¾ cup light olive oil
500g small new or chat potatoes
150g baby green beans, trimmed
3 eggs (extra)
2 lemons (extra), halved
4 tuna steaks
olive oil cooking spray
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
baby cos lettuce
250g cherry truss tomatoes
20 small black olives
- To make dressing, put egg yolks in a small food processor with horseradish cream, anchovy fillets, garlic and lemon juice. Process until smooth. With motor running, slowly add oil in a steady stream. If dressing is too thick add a little hot water and process until combined. Set aside.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes. Drain. When cold slice potatoes.
- Add beans to a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 1–2 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Put eggs (extra) in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 6 minutes. Drain, crack shells and cool in cold water. Remove shells. When cold cut eggs into quarters or slices.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate or char-grill pan over high heat. Char-grill lemon halves until golden. Transfer to a plate. Spray tuna with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook tuna for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until medium-rare or cooked to your liking.
- Arrange potato, beans, egg, cos, tomato and olives on 4 serving plates. Top with tuna steaks. Spoon over dressing and serve with char-grilled lemon on the side.