Take mid-week meals to the next level with this Crumbed Lamb Cutlets with Winter Veggie Bake. The creamy potatoes are the perfect side to tender crumbed lamb cutlets.
Crumbed Lamb Cutlets with Winter Veggie Bake
4 large potatoes (500g)
1 small swede (250g)
1 small celeriac (300g)
salt, to season
white pepper, to season
1 large brown onion, halved lengthways
and thinly sliced
300ml pure cream
½ cup grated tasty cheese
2½ cups fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
½ cup buttermilk
12 frenched lamb cutlets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch silver beet, finely shredded
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 20cm square baking pan. Thinly slice potato, swede and celeriac. Spread a layer of potato, overlapping slightly, over the base of the pan. Sprinkle with a little salt and white pepper. Add a layer of swede, onion, potato and celeriac. Continue to layer with remaining vegetables. Pour cream over vegetables and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender when tested with a skewer. Stand for 10 minutes before cutting into serving pieces.
2. Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, pine nuts and parsley in a bowl. Pour buttermilk into a shallow dish. Coat cutlets with buttermilk, then breadcrumb mixture. Put on a large plate.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add 6 cutlets and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and put in oven. Cook remaining cutlets and transfer to tray. Bake for 5 minutes until cooked through or to your liking.
4. To cook silver beet, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add silver beet and cook for 1–2 minutes or until wilted. Drain.
5. Serve cutlets with vegie bake and steamed silver beet.