Breakfast in bed is a long-held Mother’s Day tradition. Step it up a notch with a personalised tray of treats.
Makes 12 muffins
2 ½ cups self-raising flour
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup white chocolate bits
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g butter, melted and cooled
150g frozen raspberries
300g frozen raspberries, partially thawed, extra
1 cup caster sugar
2 large oranges, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line 12 x ½ cup-capacity muffin moulds with paper cases. Combine flour, sugar and chocolate in a bowl.
2. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and butter in a large jug. Add to flour mixture, and using a large metal spoon gently fold ingredients together until just combined. Gently stir 150g berries into batter. Spoon into prepared muffin pans.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested in the centre with a skewer. Stand for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
4. Place extra berries and sugar into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes or until jam thickens. Transfer to a bowl. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Spoon a little jam into a small bowl.
5. Serve muffins with jam and freshly squeezed orange juice.