Pumpkin, Apple & Fennel Soup. This soup is so easy to prepare – simply roast then blend for a dish that’s packed with flavour.
Pumpkin, Apple & Fennel Soup
900g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 5cm cubes
2 Granny Smith apples, quartered and cored
1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fennel seeds
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup pouring cream
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
1 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place pumpkin, apple, fennel and onion in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fennel seeds. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until golden and tender.
- Add stock to pan and set aside to cool slightly. Transfer half the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Place soup over medium heat. Add half the cream and stir to combine. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds to serve.