Make your next breakfast this delicious Prawn & Kimchi Omelette.
Prawn & Kimchi Omelette: Ingredients
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 3 eggs (per omelette)
- 200g prawns – either fresh prawn meat or precooked and peeled
- 4 tablespoons kimchi*
- 3 tablespoons kewpie mayo**
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 2 handfuls of bean shoots
- 4 tablespoons crispy shallots
- Water (1 tablespoon per omelette)
- Salt and pepper to season
How to make a Prawn & Kimchi Omelette:
1. Poach prawns by bringing a pot of water to the boil, pop the prawns in and cook for about 1 minute
or until they turn white and are cooked through.
2. Refresh into cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. Peel the shell away from the prawns and remove the vein that runs down the back of the prawn and
set aside. ***
4. Beat the eggs and water lightly and season with salt.
5. Gently heat a non-stick fry pan over a low heat. Add a small amount of oil and pour in the egg mix.
6. Using a turner, gently wiggle the eggs to prevent sticking and over colouring then let them set.
7. Remove the omelette from the heat and lay it open on a plate. Lay the prawns, bean shoot, some
coriander and a few dots of kewpie mayo down the centre of the omelette, fold the edges over each
8. On top of the omelette sprinkle some kimchi, coriander, a drizzle of kewpie mayo and crispy shallots.
9. Season with pepper and serve.
* Kimchi, a staple in Korean cuisine, is a famous traditional side dish of salted and fermented vegetables.
** Kewpie is a smoother, creamer Japanese mayonnaise, which is made with rice vinegar rather than
distilled vinegar, and egg yolks, not the whole egg.
*** If you’re using precooked and peeled prawns, skip steps 1-3.