Light, fluffy and fresh, this vegetarian Potato Tortilla & Spanish Salad is a heavenly answer to your lunchtime needs.
Potato Tortilla & Spanish Salad Recipe: Ingredients
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus extra
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 300g desirée potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 bunch asparagus, halved lengthways
- 1 cup rocket leaves½ cup cannellini beans
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup shaved manchego cheese
How to make our Potato Tortilla & Spanish Salad Recipe
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a 20cm non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add onion and potato; stir to coat. Reduce heat to low, season, cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add eggs, stir to coat.
2. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat, add egg mixture. Reduce heat to very low. Cook 15 minutes or until partially set. Grill for 5 minutes; rest for 5 minutes.
3. Heat a chargrill pan over medium heat, drizzle asparagus with oil; cook until lightly charred. Transfer to a bowl. Add rocket, beans, vinegar and almonds and drizzle with oil. Serve tortilla with the salad and sprinkle over cheese.
+smart tip: This recipe is also great using sweet potato. Cooking time stays the same.