What could be better than a basket of these warm Pistachio & Cranberry Mini Panettone on a cold morning? They also make for the perfect edible gift.
Pistachio & Cranberry Mini Panettone Recipe
- 21⁄2 tsp dried yeast
- 1⁄3 cup lukewarm milk
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup raw caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 270g unsalted butter, chopped and softened
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- Icing sugar, to dust
How to make our Pistachio & Cranberry Mini Panettone Recipe:
1. Place the yeast and milk in a bowl, mix to combine. Set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes, or until creamy. Add 1⁄2 cup of the flour and 1 tablespoon of the raw sugar and mix well to combine. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes, or until the mixture is foamy. If the mixture does not foam, the yeast is dead and you need to start again.
2. Place the cranberries and raisins into a bowl. Cover with boiling water, set aside to soak.
3. Place the eggs, vanilla, yeast mixture, and the remaining flour and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attached, and then mix to combine. Add the butter a few cubes at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Strain the fruit well. Add the fruit, nuts and orange zest to the dough and beat for 1 minute, or until well combined. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, set aside for 2 hours, or until doubled in size
5. Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Grease 12 x 3⁄4-cup dariole moulds, line the bases with baking paper. Divide the dough into 12 pieces, roll each into a ball. Place the balls into the moulds and place on a baking tray. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside for 30 minutes, or until risen. Place in the oven, reduce the temperature to 200°C (180°C fan forced), bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the panettones from the moulds, then place on a wire rack to cool. When cool, wrap each panettone in baking paper and tie with a ribbon. Reheat and dust with icing sugar to serve.