Put a twist on your usual fried rice with this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts.
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 150g snow peas, sliced in half
- 4 cups cooked long-grain or jasmine rice
- 125g baby corn, sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 2 tbsp fried shallots, to garnish
How to make our Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts Recipe
1. Using a sharp knife, slice pineapple in half, including fronds. Cut around flesh of each pineapple half, 1cm from skin, to leave a shell. Score pineapple flesh, remove with a spoon, and cut into cubes (You will need about 1 cup).
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Combine vegetable and sesame oils and pour into a wok or pan. Add garlic, ginger and snow peas, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add rice and baby corn. Stir for 3-4 minutes, breaking up any rice clumps.
3. Add pineapple pieces and soy. Stir-fry for a further minute, then add peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir through green shallots. To serve, spoon fried rice into pineapple shells, scatter with macadamia nuts and fried shallots.
On the hunt for more vegan inspiration? Try our Chickpea Pancakes with Spiced Butternut, Chilli & Curry Leaves Recipe.