Put a twist on your usual fried rice with this Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts.
Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts Recipe: Ingredients
- 1 large pineapple
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 150g snow peas, sliced in half
- 4 cups cooked long-grain or jasmine rice
- 125g baby corn, sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 2 tbsp fried shallots, to garnish
How to make our Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice with Macadamia Nuts Recipe
1. Using a sharp knife, slice pineapple in half, including fronds. Cut around flesh of each pineapple half, 1cm from skin, to leave a shell. Score pineapple flesh, remove with a spoon, and cut into cubes (You will need about 1 cup).
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Combine vegetable and sesame oils and pour into a wok or pan. Add garlic, ginger and snow peas, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add rice and baby corn. Stir for 3-4 minutes, breaking up any rice clumps.
3. Add pineapple pieces and soy. Stir-fry for a further minute, then add peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and stir through green shallots. To serve, spoon fried rice into pineapple shells, scatter with macadamia nuts and fried shallots.