How to cook the perfect Grasslands stea. Tips on how to cook your steak to perfection.
1. Remove your steak from the fridge and allow it to reach room temperature before you cook it. This will help to keep it soft and juicy.
2. Season the grill
Season steak with salt just before cooking it on a hot grill for three minutes on one side and two minutes on the other.
3. Resting the Steak
For the optimum steak, rest it for about as long as it took to cook.
1. Take the steaks out of the fridge 2 hours before you’re planning to cook, and allow them to come to room temperature.
2. Heat a heavy-based griddle pan or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry with kitchen towel and then use tongs to press the fatty edge on to the hot pan until nicely browned. Meanwhile spread a thin layer of salt and a sprinkle of coarse pepper on a plate. Put the steak on the plate, and turn to coat the steak lightly, and then put it flat-side down into the pan. Cook for 90 seconds on each side, pressing down with a spatula, until both sides are well browned.
3. Add the butter, garlic and thyme to the pan and, when melted, use them to baste the steak, turning it every minute until it’s done to your liking: a 4cm steak should take about 6 minutes for medium-rare, but always do it by eye.
4. Take out of the pan and leave somewhere warm to rest for 5–10 minutes, then serve.