Based on the popular retro chocolate treat, this Peppermint Patty with Dates Stuffed with Almonds will take you back down memory lane. It’s sure to delight any dinner guest, the young or the young-at-heart.
Peppermint Patty with Dates Stuffed with Almonds: Ingredients
- 300ml thickened cream
- 4 cups milk
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup peppermint schnapps
- ¼ cup crème de cacao
- 1 tbsp crème de menthe
- Peppermint Crisp bar (or similar), chopped (optional)
1. Use an electric mixer to whisk cream until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Combine milk and chocolate in large saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts and milk is heated.
3. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Combine schnapps, crème de cacao and crème de menthe in a jug.
4. Divide among serving glasses, then add hot chocolate mixture.
5. Dollop cream on top of each hot chocolate. Sprinkle with Peppermint Crisp and serve immediately.
Pair with:Dates stuffed with almonds
- Serves 4
- 16 fresh dates
- 32 whole blanched almonds, toasted
1. Use a small sharp knife to cut a slit down the side of each date.
2. Remove and discard seeds. Place 2 almonds in the cavity of each date. Place on a serving tray.