Orecchiette with Golden Roasted Vegetables. Hungry for something healthy? This colourful vegetarian pasta dish is sure to hit the spot.
Orecchiette with Golden Roasted Vegetables
1 garlic clove
9 tbsp olive oil
250g kale (we used a mix of green and purple)
4 tbsp pistachio kernels, shelled, roasted and salted
1⁄2 bunch dill
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp organic lemon zest
4 heaped tbsp of ricotta
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Peel the carrots, beetroot and parsnip. Cut the beetroot into wedges about 1.5cm thick. Cut the carrots and parsnip lengthwise into 2cm-thick pieces. Peel the garlic and chop finely. Place in a bowl with the vegetables and 5 tablespoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the vegetables on a lined baking tray. Roast on the second lowest shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges.
- In the meantime, wash the kale thoroughly. Tear the leaves off the stalks and into bite-sized pieces. Mix with 2 tablespoons of the oil, season with salt and pepper. Chop the pistachio kernels.
- Ten minutes before the vegetables are finished cooking, cook the pasta in salted water, according to the packet instructions. Five minutes before the vegetables are finished cooking, add the kale to the baking tray and cook until crisp and lightly browned. Rinse the dill and shake dry. Roughly chop the dill.
- Drain the orecchiette with a sieve and let drip off. Mix the pasta with the vegetables, lemon juice, lemon zest and remaining oil. Divide between serving bowls. Top with a dollop of ricotta, some dill and the pistachio kernels.