Orecchiette with grated zucchini and smoked trout
- 500g dried orecchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups flaked smoked trout
- grated parmesan, to serve
How to make this Orecchiette with grated zucchini and smoked trout:
1. Cook pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water until tender. Drain; return to pan.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a bowl. Cool.
3. Heat remaining oil in pan. When hot, add zucchini and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add zucchini, basil, breadcrumbs and smoked trout to pasta and toss gently until well combined. Serve topped with grated parmesan, if desired.