- 1¼ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rice four
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated potato
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1¼ cup (150g) grated smoked cheddar
- 1 small bunch broccolini, halved
- 6 cavalo nero leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp oil extra, to drizzle
- 1 tbsp pepita seeds
- 1 tsp black chia seeds
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
Oat, Broccolini & Potato Picnic Bread Method
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan forced). Line a lightly greased 34 x 24cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Place the rolled oats in a food processor and process until finely ground. Place in a large bowl with the rice flour, almond meal and baking powder and whisk to combine. Add the eggs, oil, buttermilk, onion, potato, parsley and smoked cheddar and mix until just combined. Spoon into the prepared tray. Top with the broccolini and cavalo nero, pressing them lightly into the dough. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with pepita and chia seeds and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Set aside to cool. Slice to serve.
Serve with tomato relish and extra cheese.